Friday, March 28, 2014

Making Cards: Part 3 - Lord Of The Rings

I guess you could call it an anniversary, but to me its more than that. One of the first sketch card sets I worked on for TOPPS was the LORD OF THE RINGS. To this day, I get requests from as far as Asia to Australia to draw the characters, creatures and artistry of this story. And I love it.
 
I have had the privilege to be commissioned by some of the finest super collectors of this franchise. Many of these collectors have amassed artists rendered scenes from the movie trilogy at a great expense. I'm honored to be among their archives.
 
Here are my latest sketch cards:
 
The Great Hall of ROHAN

HAMA, the Captain of the Rohan Guard
 

GOLLUM's Peril

SARUMAN - Battle of the Wizards

FRODO and SAM
 
There are almost infinite aspects of this saga to bring to life. I can't wait to start another installment. I hope you enjoy.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SCENE OR CHARACTER FROM "Lord Of The Rings" ?

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

I never really got into LOTR. It just wasn't my cup of tea, though I enjoyed watching the movies. Still, I liked Eowyn and Arwen. And Sean Astin is always cool - I met him in person a few years ago.