Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Olympics and hockey ...

When John Lennon wrote and sang "Whatever Gets You Through the Night", little did he realize how important card collecting and hockey are to people who do not like winter.

I am one of those warm-weather souls.

Hockey is what gets me through the cold winter nights (as cold as it gets in Florida). The World Junior Championships were fun - especially the USA-Canada final. But I am really looking forward to the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver (beginning February 12). The showcase will be highlighted of course by the hockey competition.

My classes and disertation research has impeaded my blogging - but sure as ice is cold - I'll be clocking in for the winter games. Until then I leave you with these two gems from the 1924 Willard's Chocolates card set (designation V-122).



No comments: