The contest may seem frenzied but it only reflects the football madness happening world-wide. This vintage album (above) - a 1970 Panini World Cup sticker album is on ebay at $367.00 with 6 days to go. Sorry, that is NOT the prize.
My prize will be much more modest, but will include some older Panini World Cup stuff (before 2010) or some other soccer swag. A chance to score some soccer memorabilia and show your sports smarts.
Because the first 6 or 7 entries might pick the favorites (I'm not going to tell you - keep reading), I will do a high / low contest. Not only pick first place, but the OPTION to pick who finishes LAST.
1. pick one of the 32 participating teams at the 2010 World Cup.
2. state whether you pick them to win or finishish last.
3. tie breaker: pick which team will have the highest number of goals or the lowest number of goals.
4. double tie breaker: pick which team will have the top scorer over all.
5. pick a player to win the golden boot - top scorer in the tournament.
So your entry should look something like this:
Chuck's Used Cards
4.Scotland: top scorer
or this ...
3.Egypt: least goals
4.Ireland: top scorer
5.George Best-N. Ireland
You will earn points - 32 for a correct HIGH / LOW pick, minus 1 point for each level off top or bottom. Bonus points -
20 points for correct MOST / LEAST goals.
10 points for tops scoring team.
25 points for picking the actual top scorer.
As with FIFA, mine is the final decision, fair or not, right or wrong, god help us all. One entry per person.
Entries must be in by Friday (next week) 12:00 midnight - June 4th.