Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Howie Long and the Marlins

 For those of you who have been following along, you know that I am always finding sports memorabilia along with my toy collecting. In my recent garage sale / flea market journey I found two nice items that should go to a better home.

Howie Long and the Marlins could be a great name for a reggae band, but its just two artifacts seeking attention. The attention to detail of the OAKLAND RAIDERS action figure of HOWIE LONG is amazing. From the mud and grass stains to the sneer on his face, McFarlane is still the finest when it comes to sports figures.
I thought of putting together some cage matches of the Howie figure against say - the ALIEN creature from the film.

Somehow I think the mild looking NFL announcer would reach out and crush the alien's extra head !

The 2nd item was a cold stone statue miniature of the FLORIDA MARLINS (MIAMI MARLINS) baseball stadium.  I have no idea what they call it now, but it used to Joe Robbie, then Pro Player Stadium.

Either way, if anyone is interested in buying or trading for these, I would be quite open to offers.

No comments: