Friday, February 14, 2014

Prizes from The Dutch Card Guy

Don't ask me how, but I won a contest. Our overseas bogger "The Dutch Card Guy" ran a contest and I ended up winning an autographed rookie card of SONNY WEEMS. Weems was a top draft pick but played very few games in the NBA. He is currently playing in the Russian professional basketball league. If nothing esle, there is not a glut of his cards floating around. Its a numbered card 780/799
 
2009 Topps Signature Series
 
My new Dutch friend knows that I am a soccer collector and accordingly added some MLS soccer cards. These included US National Team players Connor Casey, Kyle Beckerman and the forgotten kid phenom, Freddy Adu, from the last Upper Deck set produced.

 
Oddly enough, my first base cards from the new Topps MLS set comes from overseas ! This bunch included the son of former Padre outfielder Marvell Wynn, MLS comeback player of the Year - Kevin Alston and Peru National Goalkeeper - Raul Fernandez.

 
There was also a bunch of rookie cards and draft picks ...

 
highlighting ugly college jerseys.

 
But the biggest surprise was the numbered autograph card of FC Dallas goal bomber - Kenny Cooper. Cooper's dad played goal in the old NASL for Dallas. Another great father-son sports story.

 
Thanks to the Dutch Guy. I recommend trading with this person as he always sends great stuff.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Congratulations! Those soccer cards are cool.

Chuck's Used Cards said...

Yeah. I can't wait for the season to start. The World Cup is only 4 months away ! EEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWW OOOOOOLLLEEEEEE !