Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Force of STAR WARS; Big Money Moves

I don't know what it is about STAR WARS, but I cannot pass up on the stuff made for the iconic films. I need a board game like I need another hole in the head. But when "The FORCE" compels you to buy  something, you do it.

I found this boxed STAR WARS Monopoly game with classic artwork on the front.  Being the card collector that I am, I was pleased not only with the Property cards inside - Dagobah Swamp land, A Moisture Farm and X-Wing fighters ... to these ...


the replacement for the traditional Community Chest and Chance cards - now replaced with Rebel and Empire cards. 

The flip sides ...


The artwork, again, is pretty cool. Princess Leia (above) ...

the wise Jedi Master, Yoda ...


Darth Vader's Tie Fighter ...


and the Dark Lord himself - Darth Vader.

The entire deck is full of characters and creatures from the original 3 films. Even the money is in "credits" not dollars. 
But what really sold me was not the cards or the artwork. 
It was the inclusion of these great pewter figures ...


I have seen these miniatures go for about $3 to $5 each. They are well sculpted and supposedly only available with this boxed game. The figures are

* Grand Moff Tarkin *
* Luke Skywalker *
* Darth Vader *
* Lando Calrissian *
* Obi-Wan Kinobi *
* Fighter Pilot *
* Sand People *
* R2-D2 * 

I've already played a game with the wife. I made her say "credits" instead of dollars throughout the entire game.  She made me pay by beating the Mandalorian armor off me !

Considering I only paid 65 credits ... er, I mean 65 cents, it was a classic bargain.

BIG SUMMER MOVES

Lots and lots of transfer of players this summer. One of the biggest is the move of Sweden's Zlatan Ibrahimovic from AC Milan to PSG (Paris Saint-Germain). PSG has been on tour in the USA including a match at Yankee Stadium. 


2012 Futera Unique - Ibrahimovic (limited edition to 395)

"Ibra" will join the club for the game against DC United.

The big Swede scored a spectacular goal at Euro 2012. He's come a long way from the fresh face kid that debuted back in the 2004 Euros ...


2004 Panini Euro sticker 

MLS has been busy with New York signing Australian World Cup player Tim Cahill from Everton. Vancouver traded Sebastian Le Toux also to New York, while signing Rangers and Scotland star, Kenny Miller.  As previously mentioned, Stoke City sign American Geoff Cameron  from Houston.



No comments: